Instrumentation - National Air Balance Inc.
The following is a listing of the most up to date, technologically advanced and precise equipment that National Air Balance Incorporated uses for all of our projects.
Shortridge Instruments Digital Flowhood w/ Airdata Multimeter – Model # ADM-870C
- Range: 25 – 2,500 CFM supply, 25 – 1,500 CFM exhaust & 25 – 30,000 fpm
- Accuracy: ± 3% of reading
- Dual scale readout in CFM or L/S
- Barometric pressure corrected air flow.
- Back pressure compensated readings.
- Pressure readings from 0.0001″ H2O to over 60″ H2O.
- Temperature range -112ºF to +302ºF.
- Automatic air density correction.
- Displays associated pressure and temperature.
The Flowhood unit captures the air flow from an outlet or inlet and directs across the highly sensitive flow sensing manifold within the Flowhood base. The sensed total pressure and static pressures are averaged to a single velocity pressure which is transmitted to the meter for conversion to direct air flow readout. The Flowhood is a much faster and more accurate alternative to time consuming multiple velocity readings across air diffusers. This instrument completly eliminates the use of Ak factors and the calculations required to convert the average velocity into air flow.
Digital Alnor Rotating Vane Anemometer – Model # RVA801
- Velocity: 4 – 999999 CFM, 0.002 – 3000 M³/S 0.25 to 30 m/s
- Temperature: 32 to 140F 0 to 60 C
- Volumetric: 1-9999000 cfm 1-9999000 l/s
- Flow Rate: 1-9999000 m3/s 0.01 – 3000m3/s
- Area Input: 0.043 – 900 ft2 0.00399 – 90 m2
- Reversible 4 in. (100 mm) head allows readings at
supply and extract grilles
- Calculates volumetric flow rate
- No density correction factors required
- Automatic averaging of air velocity
- Compatible with Aircone Flow Hoods
The Alnor Rotating Vane RVA801 is a light weight robust, and simple to use rotating vane anemometer that provides accurate and reliable readings every time. The RVA801 measures air velocity, air volume and temperature using simple button operation and displays readings in meteric or Imperial mode from 50-6000 ft/min (0.25-30 m/s). It features an attached swivel head that rotates so the display always faces the operator.
Ideal applications include HVAC commissioning, heating and cooling coil analysis, diffuser and grille measurements, fume hood face velocity, tests, indoor air quality tests and filter face velocity measurments.
Comdronic Manometer – Model # AC6
Differential Pressure measurement range: 0.1 kPa to 200 kPa.
Measurement Range: 0.1 kPa to 200 kPa
Static Pressure: 10 Bar Maximum with hoses supplied as standardHigh pressure options available.
Effective Operating Time: 20 Hours (normal usage)
- Range: 0.5-10 kPa Accuracy +/-0.1 kPa, 10-200 kPa Accuracy +/-1.0% reading
- Hystersis: 0.2% span 10
Flow/Pressure display—shows valve type, Kvs value, handwheel setting (Variable orifice), Differential pressure, Flow, valve maker, valve type, valve size. Flow and Pressure are shown in large text format
Multi display—shows valve type, Kvs value, handwheel setting (Variable orifice), Design flow, target Flow, Differential pressure, Flow, valve maker, valve type, valve size.
Pressure display—large text Differential pressure.
Up to 100 storage locations are available for manually storing valve information on-site. This data can be uploaded to PC if using PcomPRO™. For projects larger than 100 valves use PcomPRO™ project software.
Context sensitive help is available for all functions. Dedicated button available for this function
Differential pressure- Pa, kPa, psi, bar, feet H2O , Inches H2O , mtrs H2O , mm H2O, cm H2O. Flow- l/s, l/m, l/h, galls/m (imperial), gpm (US).
Design flow, target flow, specific gravity, Kvs, valve maker, valve group, valve model, valve size, handwheel position.
Over 3500 valves and measuring devices from 60+ manufacturers worldwide.
Spares and Accessories
Replacement std pressure hoses up to 3 metres in length.
The Comdronic AC6 meter is an electronic manometer programmed to carry out differential pressure measurements primarily on balancing valves within the HVAC industry. The state of the art software and extensive database of the world’s balancing valves allows direct reading of flow, differential pressure, percentage of design flow and target flow.
The nine button design allows simple navigation of the easy to follow menu system with all parameters visible on screen.
System accuracy is by the use of carefully selected sensors protected by DSP Technology with resolution and accuracy most appropriate to the range of differential pressures being measured.
The use of sophisticated electronics and highly successful mechanics removes the need for cumbersome ‘water boxes’with their poisonous and inconvenient fillings. Pressure differential ranges are more suited to modern systems with higher differentials being measured across Diff controllers and some automatic balancing valves. Combining this with a database of over 3500 balancing valves from 60+ manufacturers the AC6 is the obvious choice for the modern commissioning engineer.
Quest Precision Sound Level Meter & Sound Calibrator – Model #215 & QC-20
- Range: 30 – 140 dBA
- Frequency Range: 20 to 10,000 Hz
- Accuracy: ± 0.5 dB @ 25°C
- Readout in dBA
- Octave band filter 31.5 Hz to 8 kHz.
- Sound calibrator 110 dB to 1000 Hz.
- Recorder adaptor.
The Quest Model 215 Sound Level Meter offers the most basic sound measurements – Sound Pressure Level (SPL) & maximum SPL – in Type 2 accuracies. It is the perfect choice for occupational and community noise audits and inspections.
The large LCD display provides readings in 0.1 dB increments. The convenient slide switches make the meter extremely easy-to-operate.
- Occupational Noise Measurements
- Community Noise Assessment
- Environmental Impact Studies
- Noise Control Device Evaluations
- Machine Performance Analysis
- Maintenance Inspections & Trouble Shooting
We also have a wide range of instruments used to measure RPM, Amperage, Voltage, Temperature and Humidity.